Tuesday, June 10, 2014

They come from the land of the ice and snow...


Just received my HUGE box of Vikings, bought from a fellow moving to distant shores who needed to lighten his lead/plastic load. I've never, ever bought this many minis in one shot, so needless to say, I'm very pleased with myself!
The boys above are from the excellent TV series, and a set of minis I recently sold for some reason or another. These are to show where I'll be taking this project, but my real inspiration is this:
http://www.twfigurines.de/vikings/vikingmain.htm

From Mr Tom Weiss, a set of Vikings that I've been drooling over for years. I hope to organize and document my own endeavor in a similar manner, and hopefully achieve a level somewhere near this masterpiece. Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, Christopher! I fell into SAGA in a similar manner. Someone unloaded a big unpainted Dark Age collection at Bartertown and I haven't looked back.

    Apologies...blogger is being a real PITA and I cannot follow your blog at the moment.

    ReplyDelete